A-1 Engineering, LLC was formed in 2011 with the vision of providing Texans with non-biased and objective engineering services for their everyday projects and building inquiries.
We recognized that the common property owner needed better information to help them with managing their properties.
As we have grown, so have our services. Understanding that drainage issues were having a significant impact to the performance of our clients properties, we added a civil drainage engineer to our team.
Together, the civil and structural engineers collaborate on providing a more comprehensive assessment on factors that can be causing issues with your foundation.
Mission Statement: We are professionals committed to the safety of the public. Through our commitment, we strive to educate the public and our clients to facilitate better-informed decisions relative to the design, construction and performance of their structures and projects. We hope that our efforts promote the profession of structural and civil engineering and that our clients benefit from our experience, knowledge and understanding in engineering and construction.
A1E was the structural engineer of record for the New High School at the Atonement Academy.
A-1 Engineering, LLC
Whether you are a common home owner, commercial developer or contractor, our team is prepared to help you develop your project.
- Before you get foundation repair, consult with our engineers to see if your building will really benefit from foundation repair. You might end up spending thousands on work that has no benefit to your building.
- If you are having drainage issues around your home, consult with our drainage engineers to develop a remediation plan to help control the water.
- Before you remove or demolish walls for renovation, consult with our structural engineers to help provide beam sizes to supplement the removal of load bearing walls.
- So you built something without a permit, our engineers have technology that can see through concrete and analyze framing and foundations to help clear your permit inspections.
- We specialize in assessing pier and beam foundations. We actually send a licensed structural engineer underneath your house to assess the foundation.
- Having solar panels installed or maybe new clay tiles, our structural engineers can assess the capacity of the roof to carry the new load. The city officials may want a letter of our assessment.
- If you dont agree with the conclusions of your Home Warranty or home warranty engineers, our engineers are experienced in assessing foundations and buildings following the standards and criteria of the warranty company to help you appeal their decisions.
- Burned buildings can be repaired. We employ 3D lasers to capture the condition of the building to improve our recording of the condition of the building. We can develop appeal reports for insurances related to fire damage.
- Our civil and structural engineers can assess damaged or failing retaining walls, buildings and other structures and develop remeidation plans for repairs.
- Before you purchase the multi-family complex or commercial buildings, have our structural and civil engineers assess the condition of the building to provide you with additional insight into structural or civil issues that may not be aparent
- Consult with our civil engineers to complete a feasiblity study of your property to understand the platting, zoning and other civil considerations for the development of the land.
- Our staff of structural and civil engineers can design your building (steel, concrete, masonry, wood, multi-story, concrete tilt wall panels) and civil plans. For sites with variable grades, we design retaining walls in-house to expedite your plans and development
- If you are putting up a pre-engineered metal building, our structural engineers can design the foundation and specify the building for permitting
- We specialize in providing design/capacity calculations and designs for stair framing, handrails, catwalks, curtain walls, metal stud framing, parapet walls, free standing walls, and elevators as speciatly engineers for projects.
- We have the technology and skill set to develop steel shop drawings for the fabrication of steel framing. We can even provide CNC files.
- Our structural engineers can aid in developing alternative/value engineering connections and framing
- With the aid of technology, our engineers can efficiently collect data on fire damage structures to develop repair plans
A-1 Engineering, LLC is formed of civil and structural engineers that are experienced and skilled in various construction types and scopes. From concrete tilt walls, retaining walls to drainage issues, our staff collectively works on finding solutions for you. Our support administrative staff works diligently to coordiante projects and provide our clients with personal attention.
A-1 Engineering, LLC F-12583
San Antonio + Austin
We strive to bring value to your projects. We understand that you have choices for choosing engineering companies and we value that you have chosen us to help you.
Director of Business Operations: Judy Cruz
Office Manager/Accounting: Mayra Ramirez
Project Coordinator: Tracie Shaw
Project Coordinator: Lori Everett
Project Coordinator: Dinah Forehand
Principal Engineer: Moises A Cruz, P.E.
Structural Engineer: John Marin, P.E.
Engineer in Training: Jahir Cavazos, EIT
Graduate Engineer: Juan Carlos Flores
Graduate Engineer: Justin Mendoza
Structural Designer: Julio Sierra
Structural Designer: David Tennant
Structural Designer: Bernard Villarreal
Engineering Intern: Siara Marshall
San Antonio Alamo Dome
"An engineering marvel"